Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dirty Kitchen = Awesome Cook. Naturally.



Today I was feeling ambitious. I guess you can say I was also feeling nauseated.

Because of Uhhhmm..

THIS:






This? Is the grease and I'm not sure what else- that has corroded the hood over my gas stove.

Is this proof that I am an awesome regular cook who fires up flame throwing things like cherries jubilee and blackened salmon??

Or- a very lazy ass, selectively blind person - who hates to clean?

Could it be both?

I tried to wipe it off with a sponge and some dish detergent but it came back at me with a LOL, yeah-ok.

So, I had to go to my other BFF, Google to do a quick search on how to say  **** you! to this grease.

Google says vinegar, baking soda and.. grease!

Yes, more grease.

Grease? It apparently gets off "other" grease.

I started with the vinegar.

Then I was all- omg this smells like shit and I can't take it another second!

Because vinegar? It does smell like shit.

I was too lazy to dig to the back of the cabinet for the baking soda so that left me with the grease option. Good old canola oil.

One thing: Google didn't tell me it would take 700 hours.

So after what felt like 350, I stopped halfway.

Now, half of the stove hood looks like this:





Still pretty nauseating, depending on which side you're standing on, right?

Then, I cleaned the counters and the stove top itself because that is easier and faster and brings visible results with like- baby wipes alone.

I was feeling all "June Cleaver" except..

THE REST OF THE HOUSE.

My solution to this cognitive dissonance?

I put a (ok 47) dvd on in the "nook" I created for Shane on the far side of the kitchen.. It has our old crappy tv and a dvd player and his old crib mattress on the floor..We just stayed in the kitchen so we wouldn't have to look at the rest of the place for awhile.

Denial can work for you.. if you know how to work it.



I do need a cleaning lady. I admit it. I'm not showing you close ups of the floor or my laundry quarry that is filled to the top..

But I will say this: At least we always have on clean underwear!





















 

No comments: