Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Snuggies Might Be Gay. And Hey- This Mac & Cheese is Awesome.


Today I'm going to share a recipe with you, Internets. As well as some more thoughts on:
 
The Snuggie*
 
The recipe is for a very delicious easy stove top macaroni & cheese that can be made super fast but tastes awesome-no baking!
 
If there was a such thing as heaven, I think this is what it would taste like. And with extra hot sauce? Even better. That would have to be called Utopia.
 
This is my adaptation of a recipe I got from the food network to simplify my Thanksgiving cooking.
 
It's like a quick and dirty awesome mac and cheese. I have been eating this for days so I figured it's only fair that you should be fat too. Naturally.
 
If in 2 days you don't want to have to Miranda Hobbs the left overs with dish detergent.. You could lower the fat. Just use fat free condensed milk and half of the butter. This is actually how I prefer to make it because then I can stuff my face daily with like -only half the guilt.
 
Don't cheap out on the cheese or skip the ground mustard, because those are key to making this awesomely bad- in the best way. I like Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar..but go with what you love-just not the cheap stuff people.
 
 M&C Recipe
 
  • 1  pound elbow or cavatappi (my fav)  macaroni
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 12  ounces evaporated milk
  • 2 tablespoons (or more!) hot sauce - Sriracha preferred!
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • Fresh black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of powdered garlic - more or less to taste
  •  1 tablespoon dry mustard - or more to taste
  • 10 (or a few more)  ounces sharp cheddar, shredded

Directions

In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.

Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.
 
------------------------------------

 

Now that you've practically pushed your Easy Button to make this deliciousness, you can sit on your new Costco couch to eat it- in your Snuggie, and catch up on my blog all at the same time.
 
Truly. Awesome.
 
Btw- I was trying to bring myself to post another picture of a Snuggie for your sheer aesthetic viewing pleasure.. But when I did a google search for "Snuggies are".. Here is what came up.
 
  • Snuggies are stupid

  • Snuggies are a cult

 
  • Snuggies are gay
     
  • Snuggies are retarded

  • Snuggies are dangerous (Huh?)


  • Snuggies retarded monk


BWAH HA HAAAH HAAAAAAAH!

I laughed so hard I fell down and then? I decided to spare you, because.. you're still reading.
 
Totally not PC. What? The Internet said it. It wasn't me people.. Don't shoot the messenger.
 
 
Great, you're totally getting me one for Christmas now, right?
 
--------------
 
* I told Gina yesterday that you can get a Snuggie at the Five-Below store for $5.00 but they are the "reject-Snuggies".
 
I then realized that is the best oxymoron  I will never erase.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you are getting for Christmas and its not Mac and Cheese...rhymes with Buggy...